SAP SuccessFactors has delivered enhancements and updates across the SAP SuccessFactors® HCM Suite as part of their Q4 2017 product release. Here are a few key updates you should consider for SuccessFactors Onboarding.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
- The aim is to modernize the law and protect the privacy of EU Citizens, and ensure data subjects have greater control over their personal information.
Designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and address technological and societal changes that have taken place.
Represents the biggest reform of European data protection in 20 years
- Removes the need for national implementation across Europe
- Many organizations that had few or no compliance responsibilities under the Directive now have obligations under the GDPR (EFFECTIVE: MAY 25, 2018).
Data Privacy Features Planned for Q1 2018
- Change Logging: Logging and reporting of changes to Personal Data (any information relating to a person)
- Read Access Logging: Logging and Reporting of any view of Sensitive Personal Data (information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life, personal data concerning band and credit accounts, and national ID).
- Data Subject Information Reporting: Customers can report on a user’s data stored in SuccessFactors.
- Data Purge: Data Retention configuration and support for permanent data purge.
- Consent: Ability to obtain consent when a candidate starts the onboarding process.
Update to the US I-9 form includes a few updates to the instruction section and the addition of the FS- 240 form under the List C section.
- Before: Only 2 documents were used for certificate of birth abroad, FS- 545 & DS- 1350.
- After: They have included FS- 240
Remove Visa Type L2 from Section 2- Employer Review Even though the information was listed as optional, best practice is to remove it all together to avoid over documenting.
Pennsylvania residency tax table updates
- Before: A non-required Visa field displayed on the Orientation step panel.
- After: Removed visa field when not required to collect visa information.
On the List C document dropdown “U.S. Citizen ID Card – Form 197” is not matching with the actual document name mentioned in the instructions.
- Before: n/a
- After: Tax tables updated for residency tax
Select SSN from list c, when receipt is used. Allows user to select SSN as list C document, even though they have already stated they have a receipt and not the final document yet. M-274, 3.0 Completing Section 1 of Form I-9
- Before: Form name was not listed as 197
- After: Corrected form name to I-97 on the List C dropdown.
Remove SSN info from section 1 M-274, 3.0 Completing Section 1 of Form I-9ONB- 18479- Saskatchewan TD1 update
- Before: If user selected receipt for SSN on the new employee step, the SSN was not displayed under the list C documents
- After: User can now select SSN if they selected receipt on a previous panel.
Update the Illinois state withholding form
- Before: v17e
- After: V07-17e, several panel updated because line 5 was removed from the form. 6-14 need to be renumbered and a few label corrections (line 14 changed to line 13 etc.).
Quebec TP- 1015.3 form update
- Before: Rev 12/14
- After: Rev 07/17 Instruction updates
Update receipt process for SSN (non list b/c)
- Before: V2017-01
- After: V2017-02 Age amount from 67to 65 for “Age amount for a person living alone and amount for retirement income.
Update states that participate in RIDE program
- Before: User selects receipt for SSN and does not select SSN as list C Document E-Verify triggers with no instructions
- After: Added instructions for user on next steps if the new hire has selected receipt for SSN but did not select SSN for list C document
India Provident and Declaration from Update
- Before: n/a
- After: Arizona, Maryland & Wyoming
Australian TFN Update
- Before: n/a
- After: V Form 2 revised Date of joining EPF and Date of Joining EPS have been added to the panel. New look for the form.
Change text on SSN verification panel
- Before: V NAT 3092- 07.2016
- After: V NAT 74911- 06.2017 New look for the form which caused several text updates to panels.
- Before: n/a
- After: English & Spanish version updates. The employee has confirmed that the Social Security number and name mentioned above are correct and the same as those on his/her SS card.
Remove Forms On Demand from Super Admin
- Before: Feature was never supported in SuccessFactors Onboarding
- After: Removed FormsOnDemand text in Super Admin
Configurable Level for Tax ID Information
- Before: No option to configure what level tax ID pulls from on the corporate forms, especially if tax ID information in more than one level
- After: New Account Option added “BusinessTaxIdLevel” PS Editable, not visible by default. Default is set to Level 1 No impact to existing clients although they can have services make changes for them if needed.
CAD Postal Code
- Before: Federal TD1 form had different postal code format than the province tax forms. Employee central required XXX-XXX format which only some of the forms accepted.
- After: Added postal code validation on the physical and mailing address panels. CAD postal code format is now ANA NAN which will map to both TD1, province forms and EC correctly. Applies to all clients.
For the full list of updates regarding SuccessFactors Onboarding, visit the SAP SuccessFactors Community.
Need help implementing these updates? We've got you covered! Click here to get support from our team now.